Saturday 22 June 2013

Sunday Stash #5

So here we are again. It's Sunday and I'm sharing my thrifty finds (I promise I only have one left after this!)



This week it's pillow cases


There's not really much to say about these.

Like the new prop?
So just look at the pics

I love the blue/green one!
Oh wait....... I do have a little to say about this one.



When trying to explain to my mum what kind of fabric she should look out for I went on ebay and showed her a vintage sheet.

"Remember this mum? It's the one I had on my bed"

"Oh yes, your Grandma bought it. I think it's in the attic somewhere."

"Are you sure? I'm think you used it when the dog had puppies"

"Oh, Sorry."

There are two duvet covers that I remember from my childhood. This one and a blue geometric one (which I'm pretty sure was also used as dog bedding) I loved both of them, but this was my particular favourite. Imagine my delight when the very day after having this conversation with my mum I found this pillowcase at a boot sale for the princely sum of 20p! Mum has also told me that she's pretty sure that there was a valance to go with the duvet cover and that she'll have a look in the attic for me (I'm not holding my breath). I plan on collecting more vintage bedding and eventually making a quilt from it with this print taking centre stage. That quilt will be mine, mine, mine!

Linking up to Sunday Stash over at Finding Fifth with Fiona

7 comments:

  1. Great vintage sheets finds. Who doesn't love a good deal :) Nice stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a vintage girl but I can understand your excitement. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using vintage sheets for the backs of my quilts and I've also made a few where the sheets were the front too. The pink floral is great and the blue/green is probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous vintage sheet finds! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that there's treasures in the attic.

    I love vintage linens! I've made a couple of quilts using them and they are favourites. Happy collecting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. More car boot bargains! You lucky thing, they're fab! Love the new prop too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did collect vintage sheets for a spring quilt which I am yet to make...so I understand your excitement too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment as they really do brighten up my day. I'm pretty good at replying to comments but if one slips through the net I apologise - I'll try harder next time!